Pri Lenart terms and conditions
Valid from 25/10/2013 to 01/11/2014
1. Walkslovenia is the trading name of Gostisce Pri Lenart, Sarah Katharine Hogg s.p., of Podvrh 1, Poljane 4223, Slovenia, herein referred to as ‘the company’ or ‘we’. All holidays are sold subject to the following conditions:
2. In order to reserve your holiday, please email us or complete the on-line booking form and we will then confirm whether the holiday is available. The contract exists between the company and the person booking the holiday and those included in the booking, once:
a) the deposit of £200 per person per week has been received, and;
b) the booking and receipt of deposit has been confirmed by us in writing.
3. The balance of the holiday price should be paid eight weeks prior to departure. If a holiday is booked less than eight weeks before the departure date, the full holiday price is due immediately on completion of the booking. The price of your holiday is fully guaranteed from the time of issuing your confirmation letter and will not be subject to any surcharges. If you do not pay the balance of your holiday cost by the due date of 8 weeks before departure, your booking will be terminated and you will lose your deposit. Any bookings that are paid by credit or debit card will incur a 3% surcharge. No charge is applied to cheque payments.
4. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your booking (for example due to not reaching the minimum numbers for the holiday to run), we will inform you prior to the ‘balance due’ date (being eight weeks prior to departure), but will only do so after that date if:
a) monies from you are still due and owing; or
b) reasons amounting to ‘Force Majeure’, which include any event outside our control such as (by way of example and not by way of limitation) war, threat of war, political unrest, strikes, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, acts of God, disease, adverse weather conditions, and all similar events. In such cases any monies received by us in respect of the cancelled booking will be refunded to you and we will not have any further liability to you.
In the event of us having to cancel your booking prior to the ‘balance due’ date (8 weeks prior to departure), we will refund all deposit monies received from you in full, and we will not have any further liability to you.
5. If you cancel the holiday of any person or persons on the booking form, we will apply the following cancellation charges for each such person:
More than 56 days before the holiday departure date – loss of deposit only.
Between 42 and 56 days before departure: 50% of the total holiday cost
Between 28 and 41 days before departure: 60% of the total holiday cost
Between 15 and 27 days before departure: 80% of the total holiday cost
14 days or less before departure (or fail to join the holiday): 100% of the total holiday cost.
Cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to the company’s office. The above charges refer to the date we receive written notification of your cancellation. We strongly recommend you to take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation costs.
Cancellation charges will not apply in the event of a person or persons being substituted on the booking by the same number of persons cancelled, provided we are informed in writing of these changes prior to the start of your holiday. If, after booking, and up to 12 weeks before departure, you wish to change your holiday date, we will also endeavour to move your booking to another week in the same season, subject to availability,
6. Please note we do not accept children under the age of 16 on our walking holidays unless the entire property is booked by you. We reserve the right to refuse any booking application without giving a reason.
7. Information concerning matters such as long-term illness, disability, health or medical problems and all special dietary requirements or allergies, must be advised on the guest registration form at the time of booking. We will then advise you if we are able to take your booking.
8. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for your illness or injury, or loss or damage to your baggage or personal belongings whilst you are on holiday, unless it can be proved we are at fault. Save as set out in Condition 9 below, our liability to you in all cases in respect of any booking is limited to a maximum of twice the total holiday cost of the person affected. We will not accept liability for any injury incurred whilst partaking in activities which do not form part of the inclusive holiday arrangements booked with us before departure nor an excursion offered through us.
9. We will not accept liability for any fatal or other injury or illness suffered by you save for negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees, suppliers, sub-contractors, servants or agents providing that they were at the time carrying out work authorised by us and the claim does not arise by your acts or omissions or those of a third party not connected with your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable, or an event which we or the supplier of the service could not have foreseen or avoided even with all due care.
10. The person signing the booking form warrants that he/she has the authority of all persons named thereon to contract on their behalf the services requested on the Booking Form, and that he/she is over 18 years of age.
11. It is a condition of booking that you must be insured against medical and personal accident risks to include repatriation costs, helicopter rescue services and third party liability for injury and damage. Proof of insurance (i.e. your insurance certificate) must be brought with you on the holiday. No refunds will be made should you be excluded from the walking/activities programme through being uninsured.
12. Clients are liable for all damage caused by their actions or the actions of children for whom they are responsible. Reimbursement of any damage caused by the client must be paid to the company. The person who signed the booking form is liable in the first instance for claims against any persons named on that same form.
13. Unless utilizing our own company transport, the client has sole responsibility for travel arrangements and associated costs even if he/she has used the company as an agent when procuring travel products (e.g. car hire and travel tickets).
14. We aim to provide you with the best possible holiday but, if a problem should arise, please inform the hotel manager or leader immediately and we will endeavour to put things right. Unless we have the opportunity to investigate and rectifiy complaints during your holiday, we will not accept responsibility at a later date. You should also complete a Client Report Form, available at the hotel and ensure this is signed by us. If we are unable to resolve the issue, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us at our registered office giving your booking reference and all other relevant information.
15. Bedrooms for group bookings are allocated by us, although the clients by mutual agreement may choose to exchange rooms within their group. We will not accept liability for complaints based on one bedroom being deemed less attractive than another on account of its size, views, character or location.
16. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize the hazards involved in this kind of holiday, including injury and discomfort. Whilst we aim to offer activities as stated in the outline itinerary, these may be subject to a number of factors such as group fitness, weather conditions and forecasts, etc. The outline itineraries must be taken as an indication of activities for each holiday and not as a contractual obligation on the part of us. Changes in itinerary may be also be caused by late lying snow, mechanical breakdown, sickness, or other unforeseeable circumstances, although in these cases we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements.
17. Smoking is not allowed inside Pri Lenart or in the company’s transport.
18. Participants on our accompanied walking holidays are accepted on condition that they are physically and mentally fit, and able to cope reasonably with the demands of the holiday without assistance from our tour leader or other party member. If you are over 70 years old, or affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday, you must advise us of this at the time of booking, and we reserve the right to ask you to obtain a medical certificate from your doctor stating that you are considered fit to undertake this holiday.
19. Clients are responsible for arranging their own transport other than use of our airport transfer service, and must be in possession of a valid passport and any visas required for the whole of their journey. Information about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, personal gear etc) is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the company.
20. The success of an active group holiday depends largely on the members’ abilities to participate physically and cooperate with other party members and the leader. The leader has full authority to exclude any member, either from part of the daily programme or, in extreme cases, from the entire tour if he or she is, in the reasonable opinion of the tour leader, either physically unable to participate, behaves in a way which is detrimental to the interests or safety of the party as a whole, causes danger or distress, or is inadequately equipped.
21. You give us your consent to use any images of you taken whilst on our holidays for marketing purposes, including in brochures and on our website.
22. Changes may be made to the information contained on this website at any time before a contract between you and the company is concluded. Prices shown on this website are based on all known costs at the time of publication and may be subject to change at any time prior to the issue of our confirmation of your booking.
23. This Agreement will be governed by Slovenian law and any disputes will be dealt with by the Slovenian courts.